If you’re looking for Finnish drummers with some experience, look no further than Rainer “Raikku” Tuomikanto. His past CV includes bands like Kiuas, and Shining, among others, while his current CV has him actively working with acts well-known and brand new alike, such as Ajattara, Causemos, and Æther. With a history like that, how could we not get the playlist of his life for you?
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
Probably something from Duran Duran, Eurythmics, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, or The Rolling Stones. Or maybe The Yardbirds, Cream, Yes, The Police, or U2… Or even Mr. Mister. Those albums were constantly played at my home when I was 1-2 yrs old. They still rock, by the way.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
U2: “In the Name of Love”
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
Guns ’n’ Roses: “You Could Be Mine.” The tom intro did it.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
Oasis: “Roll with It.” Been hearing that for the past year or so. The song before that was the Circus Theme, lasted about 3-4 years, every single day.
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
Grave Pleasures: “Crying Wolves.” Also Duran Duran: “Wild Boys.”
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
Pantera: Far Beyond Driven
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
Lana Del Rey: “Video Games”
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
Deftones: “Prince” or Aeon: “Satanic Victory”
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
Queen: “Who Wants to Live Forever” or something from Chelsea Wolfe. Could also be “Hunted By a Freak” from Mogway.