Netta Skog certainly needs no introduction. Before she was known as the accordionist in Turisas, but these days she can be seen on stage with Ensiferum as a permanent replacement for keyboardist Emmi Silvennoinen. And if that’s not cool enough, she won the 2015 World Championships in the digital accordion category! Here is the playlist of this very talented girl’s life!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
I have no idea. Seriously. Maybe some Finnish songs my dad played with the piano. Probably.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
Trivium – “This World Can’t Tear us Apart” – Loved this one since the first listening. Still love it.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
Imogen Heap – “Hide and Seek”
The Killers – “On Top”
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
Nightwish – “Dead to the World” – In 2006 I won the Golden Accordion competition in Finland (the best entertaining accordion player in Finland) with this song!
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
Biffy Clyro – “Many of Horror”
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
Calvin Harris – “Summer”
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
Spice Girls – Spice … Hey c’mon, I am from the 90’s. Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys were THE THING back then and I still definitely sing their songs at the karaoke bar! Hell yeah!
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
Def Leppard – “Hysteria” – Just love. Pure love, Ah!
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
Children of Bodom – “Living Dead Beat”
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
Stam1na – “Viimeinen Atlantis”
Pink Floyd – “High Hopes”