We all know Hannes Horma from his time as bass player for Turisas, but where has he been since his departure in 2011? Apparently, he’s been playing in a new band, Silver Bullet. As it’s been ages since we’ve heard about what he’s been up to, we thought we’d share the playlist of his life with you!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
“Sininen Uni” by Tapio Rautavaara. I guess this was a really popular lullaby for us 80’s kids.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
“Chinatown” by the Hurriganes. I listened to a lot of my dad’s LPs as a kid and I always wanted to hear “Chinatown.” It’s still a cool song.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
“Emerald Sword” by Rhapsody. When I was a teenager, my father went to Germany to visit his brother. One evening he called me and asked if I want something for souvenir. I was reading Soundi magazine and there was an ad about Rhapsody’s Symphony of Enchanted Lands album. That album blew my mind and started my era of power metal.
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
The metal album that made me a metalhead was Metallica’s Ride the Lightning. I also had a book of tablature for the whole album and I practiced the songs a lot.
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
I don’t really get songs stuck in my head, only my own songs that I’ve been mixing for hours… 🙂
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
“True Survivor” by David Hasselhoff. When partying, I have to hear it!
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
Smash by The Offspring. Still one of the best punk albums ever.
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
Hmm… I would much rather watch a movie or something when relaxing on the couch.
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
“Bring Me the Night” by Overkill. Fast and loud heavy metal. Does it get better than this?
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
“Theme from Jurassic Park” by John Williams. It has a special meaning for me and it also is one of the greatest movie themes ever written.
You can listen to Silver Bullet’s debut album, Screamworks, on Spotify here, and keep an eye open for our review of their show with Blaze Bayley that’s coming out this week!