If a winter-metal anime adventure from Finland sounds awesome, we kind of agree. If it sounds ridiculous… well, we don’t disagree. However, if you’ve listened to Everfrost, you’ll know that regardless of how silly that line sounds, these guys know their business, and their special brand of anime-influenced power metal is both technical and fun to listen to. This week we snagged mastermind Benjamin Connelly and got the playlist of his life!
1. The first song you remember hearing as a child
It would have to be “Dancing Queen” or “Mamma Mia” by ABBA! My dad played a lot of disco stuff then.
2. The first song you can recall ever really and truly loving
I started really getting interested in music when I heard “Detroit Rock City” by KISS.
3. A song that you loved as a teenager/reminds you of high school
I was listening to a lot of Bodom, Turmion Kätilöt, and Nightwish in those times, but the song that brings the most nostalgia from then is “We Are Golden” by MIKA.
4. The song or band that got you into metal music (or the current genre you play in)
It was probably “Dark Chest of Wonders” by Nightwish and a mix of all the anime openings I was watching!
5. The most recent song to get stuck in your head
Definitely “Uhriveri” by Turmion Kätilöt; their new Dance Panique album is catchy as hell!
6. Your guilty pleasure song/band
Weirdly I find myself in the nightcore craze on YouTube sometimes. The idea of just speeding up songs and calling them nightcore is kinda silly, but some of it is kinda fun to listen to. I’m also big into Love Live School Idol Project, but I’m proud of that!
7. The first album you bought with your own money/the first album you were really excited to own
It was Destroyer by KISS. I was like 10 and their music and imagery amazed me!
8. A song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a hot beverage
“Lady of the Wind” by Whispered or “Death and the Healing” by Wintersun would go well with some hot glögi and rum!
9. A song to blast at full volume while you’re on the road
There are many good ones but “Hangover” by Alestorm always goes well in the car or at parties.
10. The song you’d most like to be played at your funeral
I guess if I die young then “Happy Ending” by MIKA and if I die old then “The Last Amazing Grays” by Sonata Arctica. Could be fun to play something really brutal though!
Or check out their music on Spotify!
Or watch a music video here, for “Silver Nights, Golden Dreams”: