1. First off, tell us a bit about yourselves?
Put together in 2014. The name is Æther, written with the æ grapheme instead of an ‘a’ and an ‘e’. It is based on medieval science on light and gravity. It’s the ever-present field that connects all things, the non-physical force behind all physical phenomena.
2. For anyone who hasn’t heard your music before, can tell us a little bit about your sound?
Our sound is a smooth blend of polyrhythmics and Tarantino-style melody themes, modern meets noir so to speak.
3. Have you ever played in Finland before? If so, what’s your best/worst memory there? If not, is there anything you’re interested in or excited about in playing there?
No previous history playing in Finland with this band. We expect nothing.
4. How familiar are you with the other bands at Edge Nordic? Will you be seeing any bands you’ve never seen before, and if so, who are you most excited to see?
Not familiar with any of those bands, not particularly excited to see a certain band, although it will be interesting to see what kind of solutions other bands of the genre have incorporated in their sound.
5. What do you think of this style of festival, with two locations in two countries?
Things evolve, glad to see you on board!
6. Do you have any words for potential viewers about the upcoming shows?
Expect to see five uptight and awkward guys tuning their instruments… No, we aim for a combination of laid-back, melody-driven and partially rhythm-based groove with a smooth knit-together theme around it. Everything is still basically a rough diamond at this point, but as the band grows older, it’ll be a more solid performance with a clear, solid theme. But we’ve got nothing to prove, letting the music speak for itself.
For details from Nosturi, click HERE!
For details on Facebook (Helsinki), click HERE!
For details on Facebook (Bergen), click HERE!
For tickets to the Helsinki event, click HERE!
For tickets to the Bergen event, click HERE!