The Finnish Goth scene is about to get a kick in the pants, thanks to Dark Helsinki! This organization is about to get things moving next month at Gloria in Helsinki, so in anticipation of this, we have another set of mini-interviews for you! To start things off is a band called Forgotten Sunrise!
[ed: this show was postponed until 23.09.2017 due to illness]
1. First off, tell us a bit about yourselves?
Always in change and looking for something new and fresh, at least for ourselves.
Usually we just like to mix all interesting influences together into some kind of new formula. We don’t need to be a part any particular scene. ‘Cause our music varies a lot, we have played at very different events, from black metal to ambient, from synthpop to folk, and still we are THE Forgotten Sunrise.
2. For anyone who hasn’t heard your music before, can tell us a little bit about your sound?
Lately we have progressed to a more and more organic band. We even started Forgotten Sunrise Syndrone, cos it felt so good not to perform solely pre-written material on stage, but also jam and let it go with flow.
Forgotten Sunrise is still about the songs, but they also sound differently comparing to the studio recordings.
3. Have you ever played in Finland before? If so, what’s your best/worst memory there? If not, is there anything you’re interested in or excited about in playing there?
Yes, we have played there many times. You know, even our very first official release, Forever Sleeping Greystones, was released in 1994 by a Finnish label. We have a lot of friends in Finland. Hail Syn/\psy, Infektio, and Lumous!
4. What do you think is going to be the highlight of the upcoming show?
I’m not sure what you mean with “highlight”, but I’m sure it will be one bloody great event, thanx for inviting us! We have never seen In Strict Confidence on stage and our bros Kuroshio will be playing too, sounds perfect.
5. Do you have any last words for potential viewers about the upcoming shows?
As I told before, we are something you probably don’t expect, so come to see us without prejudice, kiitos 🙂