Dark Helsinki has a new event coming up this spring at Helsinki’s Gloria! On April 1st (no jokes), Covenant will come over from Sweden to play a show, with locals Ten After Dawn warming up the stage. To help get you in the mood, here’s a bit of background information on Covenant from Eskil Simonsson.
1. First off, tell us a bit about yourselves?
Hi, we are an electronic band from Sweden that just released our ninth album, The Blinding Dark.
2. For anyone who hasn’t heard your music before, can tell us a little bit about your sound?
Pop music with an edge! A bit dark and a bit light all mixed with electronic sounds and rhythms all around.
3. Have you ever played in Finland before? If so, what’s your best/worst memory there? If not, is there anything you’re interested in or excited about in playing there?
Yes many times! We love traveling and have performed in more than 40 countries over the years. Finland is a very special soulmate country with beautiful nature and architecture. Looking forward to having coffee at Torni and visiting Temppeliaukio.
4. What do you think is going to be the highlight of the upcoming show?
A concert is where our noise and passion meets and mixes with our audience. It’s almost a spiritual experience to the sound of blasting drums. Come and join!
5. Do you have any last words for potential viewers about the upcoming shows?
Check out our new album, The Blinding Dark. We will perform a lot of new songs as well as old classics.
Have a listen on Spotify here: